World’s First Virtual Dive Bell
Discover the world’s first Virtual Dive Bell, and experience a spectacular interactive adventure. Come face to face with awesome creatures including a terrifying shark, charging hippo and fierce crocodile – without getting wet!
Take part in a series of animated experiences, games and challenges; help to incubate virtual crocodile eggs, and watch in wonder as they hatch before your eyes, or witness the birth of a virtual hippo. Tremble as the crocodile performs a death roll and prepare for the hippo to charge!
This stunning piece of technology, incorporates state of the art CG graphics displayed on three semi-spherical screens. Each screen measures an impressive 2 meters in diameter – providing a unique and totally absorbing insight into life in murky waters.
Here are just a few amazing facts you can discover when using the Dive Bell
- Nile crocodiles normally dive underwater for just a couple of minutes, but can stay submerged for up to 2 hours when resting!
- The crocodile has an average life span of 70-100 years, and has the strongest bite of any animal, at over 5000 pounds per square inch it’s almost 15 times more powerful than a Rottweiler’s bite.
- Sharks get new teeth every two weeks and can get through several thousand in a life time.
- Hippos need to consume around 68kg of grass per night, and can weigh 1.5 tonnes.
- Sleeping hippos rise to the surface every three minutes without waking!